Friday, June 10, 2011

False Advertising

Lately, I've been finding myself being more critical of advertisements . Everything, like billboards, commercials, flyers. Everything about them. Not in a real bitter way, but I can't help but imagine what the ad agencies were drinking during their brainstorming sessions. Having run into a couple people over the years, that notion of 'enhanced perspective' isn't entirely far off.

I'm hoping maybe to make some kind of contributions to, or at least learn more about the process since it's really begun to pique my interest these last few months.

Maybe in three or four years, I'll be the guy at the agency saying 'Oh Come ON!' at the roundtable demanding change and throwing all the crap off the table in disgust.

Or, maybe in time, these same ads will start to ferment and become classics far ahead of its time and I just didn't get it.

Then again, I'm not much of an Andy Warhol fan so what do I know?

No comments: